How much accessibility testing do I really need to do?
On Automated Testing
Right now, automated accessibility tools can't do all the testing.
Single-page Testing: Browser Extensions, Bookmarklets, and Websites
- Typically free and open source
- Critical for performing an accessibility audit
- Can more easily provide context of where an issue is occuring
Enterprise Accessibility Scanning Tools
- Typically expensive and proprietary
- Useful for static pages
- Have issues when testing flows
- Don't always provide context of where an issue is occuring
- Largest benefit isn't in assessing site and fixing issues
- Largest benefit is in using it to keep up awareness